Kai Shun Classic Chef's Knife- 20centimeter 68 Layer Damascus Blade.Professional Authentic Japanese Tool: Hollow Ground, PakkaWood Handle, Full Tang. Proof Of Genuineness and Presentation Box Included
REGULAR PRICE: £179.43
About this item
- ✅ BLADE: Lovingly handcrafted in Japan. Each has an individual character due to the damask structure. A unique piece of art that combines craftsmanship, technology and design. Inspired by the ancient techniques of the Samurai swordsmiths. The VG-10 steel is extremely hard and highly resistant to corrosion (61 +/_1 HRC, 1.0% Carbon, 1.5% Cobalt). The convex blade profile in combination with the hand honing makes for an unrivalled sharpness that glides effortlessly through the toughest cuts.
- ✅ HANDLE: The minimalist ebony PakkaWood is reinforced with high quality resin making it particularly robust and water-resistant (will not bend, warp, split or absorb water). The classic D-shape butt is a traditional Japanese style, ergonomically designed to fit comfortably into the curve of the fingers when using a chef’s pinch grip. It provides stability and precise control of the knife whether right or left-handed. Left-handers achieve control by resting their fingertips on the ridge.
- BALANCE.. is what separates a novice from a professional. A knife can have the most comfortable handle in the world, but if the balance is off, then your hand will fatigue very quickly. This Shun pays particular attention to getting the weighting just right. The centre of gravity is perfectly balanced between the blade and handle, reducing effort, so you can enjoy cut after cut, making using this knife an absolute pleasure. Also boasts a full tang blade for strength and durability.
- ✅ SPEED: Note the oval scallops (dimples or divots) hollowed out of each side of the blade in an alternating fashion. Their role is to create air pockets, break suction and prevent adherence of foodstuff. This makes it easier to extract the blade again after performing a cut, especially useful when slicing meat or fish. A reduction in friction equates to an increase in chopping speed. Reduces effort by up to 40%; if spending a large proportion of your time in the kitchen, this really adds up.
- ✅ CARE: Best sharpened with a whetstone (4000/8000 grit) at a 15° angle. Recommended cutting surfaces are wood or medium-dense synthetic boards. NSF Certified. Do not clean in a dishwasher. Wash by hand using a plastic brush with hot soapy water and hand dry immediately. Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, scourers or scouring powder. WARNING: Take extra care when cleaning due to razor sharp blade.
Authentic and original KAI knife handcrafted in Japan – the first choice for professionals all over the world. A must have for your knife block or cutlery drawer. “Cutting Edge” knife technology;
Hand-sharpened 15degree double-bevel blade.
Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX (V-Gold-10) cutting core, 64 layers of stainless damascus cladding (32 layers each side).
D-shaped ebony PakkaWood️ handle.
8″ | 20centimeter blade.
Hollow-ground indentations to prevent food adhering.
Gently curved blade for rocking upon herbs and leaves.
Full tang for strength and longevity.
|Dimensions:||38.1 x 12.7 x 7.62 cm; 202 Grams|